The programme is created by the members of the EUNIC-cluster in Moscow – the Austrian Cultural Forum, the British Council, the Goethe-Institut, the Embassy of Sweden and Moscow French Institute. (For the Russian version see below)
The aim of the programme is to help young Russian curators acquire experience while working in leading European cultural institutions. The applicants will be given a chance to undertake internships in one of five countries, to see how the leading galleries and museums work, to collaborate with local curators and to develop their own independent curatorial projects.
The programme is designed for young curators who already have experience in the field of contemporary art. For the past two years 16 young Russian curators have had experience of working in some of the most interesting and active European art institutions - Centre Pompidou Metz, Kalmar Konstmuseum, Turner Contemporary, Haus der Kunst and Liverpool Biennial.
The internships have different durations depending on the host country:
- 3 weeks in the UK,
- 1 month in Sweden,
- 1 month in Austria starting mid of November to mid of December,
- 2 months in France, in the Nantes Museum of Fine Arts in November and December, in the Сentre Pompidou-Metz starting 15 October to 15 December.
- the internship in Germany will take place in Neuer Berliner Kunstverein.
Requirements for applicants for an internship in one of the 5 countries:
- citizenship of the Russian Federation
- age 18-35 years
- passport valid for at least 3 months after the expiry of internship (6 months from the date of entry into the country, if you are applying for an internship in the UK)
- minimum 1 year of experience of curatorial work in the field of contemporary visual art
- knowledge of a foreign language as part of requirements of the host country (for Germany English – very good, German – good, for Austria a very good knowledge of English, for Sweden working knowledge of spoken English, for the UK a good knowledge of English)
- in case of a permanent position: consent for an internship from the current employer
- two letters of recommendation (signed and scanned) for any period of work
Internship is free and costs are covered by host institution.
Kindly note that the deadline for submission of applications is 5 September 2013.