This programme is created by the members of the EUNIC Russia – the Austrian Cultural Forum, the British Council, the Embassy of Finland, the Goethe-Institut, the Embassy of Sweden and Moscow French Institute.
The aim of the programme is to help young Russian curators acquire experience, share their knowledge and create networks while working in leading European cultural institutions. For the past five years Russian curators have had experience of working in some of the most interesting and active European art. After the internships curators develop their own independent curatorial projects, which are to be presented at the final event. The best project will be implemented with financial support from EUNIC (3000 EURO).
Reaching out is the topic for 2017`s EUNIC curatorial programme. The main idea is to represent curatorial statement outspreading usual representation. The aim is to leave, for example, traditional institutions and make broad output to the wider audience (including people with special needs and abilities), whereas art is introduced in unbounded ways and extensively spread in the unique fringe areas.A message suggests any form of media and occupies any kind of space, producing response, opinion or coexistence. The key point is to search or invent new instruments to collaborate with public areas and unlimited number individuals.
How to participate? Curators for the internship will be selected by competition.
- Download the application form
- Submit applications to email@example.com before April 22nd: the subject of your letter should start with the country of your choice and include your name. (ex. Sweden, Koroleva Svetlana).
- Based on applications received representatives of the EUNIC cluster in Moscow will produce a first shortlist of applicants.
- Shortlisted candidates will be interviewed by representatives of the hosting institutions (via skype) that will select curators for internships.
The internships will be held between June 12th and September 29th 2017.
- Russian citizenship
- Age from 23 to 35
- degree in the humanities
- minimum 2 years of curatorial practice
- knowledge of foreign language according to the requirements of country where you aim to undergo internship