The aim of the programme is to help young Russian curators acquire experience, share their knowledge and create networks while working in leading European cultural institutions. For the past three years Russian curators have had experience of working in some of the most interesting and active European art institutions - Centre Pompidou-Metz, Kalmar konstmuseum, Turner Contemporary, Haus der Kunst, Liverpool Biennial, Modern Art Oxford, and Färgfabriken. After the internships curators develop their own independent curatorial projects, which are to be presented at the final event. The best project will be implemented with financial support from EUNIC (3000 EURO).
Realms of Memory is the topic for 2015’s EUNIC curatorial programme, taking the idea of preservation of cultural heritage as a starting point. The title refers to French historian Pierre Nora’s monumental seven volume study about the 'loci memoriae' of France and connects to a topic which has been recurrent in recent decades in contemporary art: the reflection of processes of remembering as well as the expansion of notions of place and site.
How to participate?
Curators for the internship will be selected by competition.
- Download the application form
- Submit applications to email@example.com by:
- 3 December 2014 if you apply to Sweden
- 26 January 2015 if you apply to France
- 31 January 2015 if you apply to Austria, Germany and UK
- The subject of your letter should start with the country of your choice and include your name. (ex. Sweden, Koroleva Svetlana).
- Based on applications received representatives of the EUNIC cluster in Moscow will produce a shortlist of applicants.
- Shortlisted candidates will be interviewed by representatives of the hosting institutions (via skype) that will select curators for internships.
The internships will be held from January to June 2015.
- Russian citizenship
- Age from 23 to 35
- degree in the humanities
- minimum 2 years of curatorial practice
- knowledge of foreign language according to the requirements of country where you aim to undergo internship