The Consulate General of Sweden, Goethe Institute, the Consulate General of Latvia, Instytut Polski, Wallonie-Bruxelles International, the Finnish Institute, the Danish Cultural Institute, and the Italian Cultural Institute have come together to create EUNIC's newest cluster in St. Petersburg, Russia. The charter was signed at the beginning of June. Several other cultural institutes have also expressed interest in joining. The President of EUNIC St. Petersburg is currently Angelika Eder, Director of Goethe Institut while Finn Andersen, Director of the Danish Cultural Institute has been elected as Vice-President.
The cluster is already discussing topics and future activities to get involved in:
- EU Days: planned for the 19th to the 22nd of September. One project already launched (an Italian iniative) is to invite students of European languages to write and perform plays in the language they are studying.
- Dramatic readings of contemporary European plays in cooperation with a local theatre
- Literature Nights
- Children's culture, including children's theatre, books and films
- Projects on sustainability and urban development
- Participation in Manifesta (an art festival) in the autumn